SEX!!!!! It seems to be somehow incorporated in every movie. In fact you can barely look at a gum commercial without seeing it. This seems to be a big topic in the conversations I have with my friends.
Yesterday I was baby sitting my two year old nephew. While we were standing in the kitchen he started to point to the cereal on top of the refrigerator and said "that is mine". I looked down at him and said "no you need to eat some grapes instead". Well that did not go over so well with him because he got an attitude and started to scream at me. For some reason what bothered me more than him screaming at me was the fact that he had his hands placesd on his hip while he yelled at me. So instead of reprimanding him for screaming at me I said " don't you ever put your hand on your hip like that again". This incident made me think about gender roles and the expectations for masculine and feminine behaviors.
No comments:
Post a Comment