The first people I think about when discussing memory is my grandmother and nephew. I think is amazing to see how fast my nephew can catch on to everything and remember every word I say, which means I can no longer swear around him. However on the other hand I have my grandmother whom I constantly have to repeat everything to because her mind is doing the opposite, and she is increasingly finding it harder to recall information previously stored.
This leads me to thinking about encoding and how my previous teacher Uncle Bejon would help us store information by using elaborative encoding; talking about a theory and then relating it to something funny or traumatic that had occurred during his life. So instead of just using rehearsal to help store and remember the information we had a way to reflect back on something significant.
No comments:
Post a Comment